Re: Rebloomers & AIS membership THORNBIRD

I have refrained from talking about THORNBIRD, but  wish to say something.  I
lost it first attempt, when Monty sent it to me. Got it again and it did OK.
It is dramatic, but I have not used it as a parent, in spite of the fact that
its pod parent was an introduction of mine, ART OF RAPHAEL.  It is not wide
at the haft, nor is it particularly beautiful ion form, (THORNBIRD, that is
). As already stated, when it has spoons, it is less dramatic than when it
has the long dark spears. It might even be a little like strelitzia regina.
It has been  very popular here in Region 4. Guess I had better make a few
crosses with it in l997.  Lloyd Zurbrigg, Durham, NC.