mad scientist

Last spring I mentioned to everyone about soaking seeds in automotive
carburetor cleaner for better seed germination.  This is not my idea but
noted hybridizer Jack Boushay from Cashmere, WA. He increased seed
germination 20 to 30% using this practice.

This fall I have 100+ tall bearded seeds from the same parents.  50% will
be soaked in the carb. cleaner for one minute. I will plant the seeds side
by side and hopefully this spring I should see the results of this mad
scientist experiment. Are there any other mad scientist hybridizer's out
there who would like to try this??

I will let everyone know this spring the percent of germination.

Merle Roberts
Grand Coulee Dam, Washington
irisbuff@televar.com