Re: Rebloomers & AIS membership

At 02:46 AM 11/10/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Now a piece of trivia
>        Here in NZ we pay $11.00(nz) for a piece of Thornbird(TB/ space
>ager) or         $7.85(US) what is the price in the US Yes I'm Nosy!!!
>
>Bye to all for now
>Who can always find room for one more plant ! ! !
>Sonya van der Hulle at mcsmudh@wave.co.nz
>Edgecumbe,The Bay Of Plenty, New Zealand.

Sonya,

I bought a healthy rhizome of Thornbird this summer and paid approximately
$2.00 (US) for it.  However, I purchased it from a local grower who charged
me $2.00 or less for every bearded iris that I purchased. I think the price
that I paid for these TB's was atypical of what one would pay for any mail
ordered bearded iris. I got some lovely bearded irises (mostly rebloomers)
from my local grower, for little of nothing. Additionally, my local grower
didn't skimp and I got 4-5 fans of each iris that I purchased.  I'll
probably continue to purchase bearded irises locally, unless I get some
money that's burning a hole in my pocket.

I think that your price for Thornbird in US dollars compares reasonably well
with the going rate in the United States.

-Donald

Donald Mosser
dmosser@southconn.com
North Augusta, South Carolina, USA