Re: seeds and compost list

Anne Savannah stated:-

I.reichenbachii, has anyone grown this and if so how did it do, and most
importantly how long did it take to germinate.

I have grown this species from two different sources of seed.  I was
surprised that one germinated the summer after planting.  The other source
germinated in the second summer.  The thing that impressed me about this
species is the colour compared to the descriptions.  I consider it to be a
yellow green but many of the descriptions talk about brown.  It is not brown
or any variation as far as I can see.  At best it is green kahki.

Ian E. Efford
avocet@worldlink.ca
Ottawa zone 3