Re: Labels

On Sun, 10 Nov 1996, it was written:

> This year for labels we used a Brother P-touch to make a sticky label which
> was then stuck on one of those large wooden popcicle stick labels.
> Everybody really liked the end result, however, the wooden labels did an
> excellent job of rotting.

	About 4 years ago, I purchased some iris and received some wooden
	markers for labels...used them for three years with great success
	(ink still legible, etc.) *but* this year they started to break off
	at ground level and I couldn't find the recessed part of the `stick'
	....without digging up the whole bed.

	My 17 yr. old daughter is convinced that the wood is helpful to
	the irises....maybe she is right? :-)

	Cheers,

	Ellen Gallagher e_galla@moose.ncia.net  Lancaster, NH, USA
		Zone 3a