Re: QUEEN OF HEARTS

>.Q of H has been notorious [for rot]
>for years....are you sure your clone is correctly idenified?  Clarence Mahan

Funny you should ask - I was just wondering the same thing.  Unlike most of
my older iris, it came out of a collection from one of those mail order
places that folks on this list have already maligned as not selling iris true
to name.  I think I ordered a collection of 5, including SOSTENIQUE, TITAN'S
GLORY, and RUFFLED BALLET in addition to Q of H.  RUFFLED BALLET lived long
enough to bloom once, TITAN'S GLORY is so spectacular when it blooms, that I
suspect it is correctly labelled, and I have seen it in bloom in other
gardens and in shows.

On the other hand, some 'old timers' around here say that the weeds help keep
the rot down, so maybe it will start having rot problems with better care.

Also, my rot problems do not seem to come from lack of drainage - this
gravelly soil is excessively drained - the rot seems to start in response to
stress from too hot, too dry, too cold, or too many fluctuations in all of
the above, and can be aggravated by lush growth in good times.  So who knows.
 I guess I need to send some to somebody for ID.

>From Diana's post, I got the impression it does well in Canada?  How about
Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, North Carolina?

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com east TN USA