RE: R & I

>s.  Scanning takes about 60-85

>sec/page and is automated on most scanners.
Yes, but there's two problems

>1.  Scanning needs considerable cleaning
>2.  If we're going to do it, we'll put it into a database... which means the
>info has to be entered

I believe that some of the newer scanners have better word scan capabilities.
Hewlett Packard has a program called scan to text which actually takes the
scanned image and replaces the text with one of the fonts on the computer and
then allows you to edit it just as if it were typed in by hand.

Jefrie Jenkins
Kent-WA  Zone 5 where the back yard is now knee deep in maple leaves. I know
what I'll be doing this weekend!