Re: QUEEN OF HEARTS

On Fri, 8 Nov 1996 LMann76543@aol.com wrote:

> <An even worse grower in the East, QUEEN OF HEARTS always
> gets a number of votes too....I shall never know why these irises
> get these votes....Clarence Mahan in VA>
>
> Interesting.  QUEEN is one of my cast iron survivors.  It doesn't put on much
> of a show out in the fescue patch, but it doesn't die from rot.  I have moved
> some of it to the cultivated rows this summer to see how it does with a
> little TLC.  This may be another iris that does better in the southeastern US
> than in Clarence's East. ; ).
>
> Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com east TN USA (who also enjoys pulling people's
> chains!)

Linda, It seems to me that the people who are having trouble with
growing (and getting to bloom) these irises are all south of the NY
irises ie maybe these irises like QUEEN OF HEARTS etc need cooler
winters. Or maybe the bugs that cause problems with rot die a lot
faster in colder weather.

--
Diana Louis <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca>
Zone 4/5 Newmarket, Ontario, Canada