RE:Re:Re: Checklist conversions

        I certainly did not intend to "stir the pot" with my original comments,
however that said one theme seems to recur, that the checklists are non-uniform
in format abbreviations etc. The main thing I was suggesting was that a program
be created to address the non-uniformities in the scanned files and produce a
uniform output. In plain english REPLACE all the different terms for ML M-L
medium late etc with one agreed apon value, and reorder the varius fields to
match a common format separated by commas. The checklists already contain enough
"keys", such as the embedded date of intro, to provide "clues" for the decode of
an entry.

        I know the capability to create such a program exists here where I work
as we have to do parsing of command line input for our SW test programs etc. I
am sure others on the list know how to generate "C" programs also. I don't own
any checklists (shocking isn't it) myself but would be happy to "play" with some
scanned page files to prove out my idea.

        On another subject someone posted a most excellent and long list of
rebloomers for one of the East Coast sections. I screwed up and lost the message
and would be very gratefull if someone could resend it to me. I know I can find
it in the archives but that won't be available for about 2 months and I may
forget by then.

                Chad Schroter   cschrote@qntm.com