re: Checklist conversion to Database program

        Let me first say I have never done the following, but that said have
access to many programmers who have or at least claim to know how, as well as
being a programmer myself.

        If you scan the Checklists into files (ie .csv). The files can be
imported into many data base programs ie. Microsoft Access. If the scanned file
data does not conform to the import data requirements (ie. we need to add commas
to delineate some fields) but does adhere to some format in terms of number of
fields etc., It should be possible to write a program that would "parse" the
checklist entries into separate fields with commas etc. prior to importing it
into the database.

        At the very least I would think it would be easier to edit the scanned
data manualy, inserting commas etc. before importing it that it would be to
enter in EVERY SINGLE FIELD manually with the associated human error factor. (
no spell checker will catch a mispelled common name).

        If someone has interest in pursuing this in more detail, I would enjoy
being of service as a programmer or gatherer of information.

        Chad Schroter   at Quantum Corporation