re: Checklist conversion to Database program

  • To: "'IRIS-L'" <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: re: Checklist conversion to Database program
  • From: "G.L. Michaelis" <glmichaelis@man.net>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 23:38:35 -0600

I have done lots of manually entered catalogues and the work is astronomical.  The human error factor is also a problem.
Michael Hommick of the North American Lily Society recently completed the huge project of putting the Royal Horticultural Lily Registry on disk.   I can not tell you how valuable this has been to me over the last couple of years.

Michael used Microsoft Access and I would like to suggest that a combination of scanning, MS Access and some careful checking by computer knowledgeable and iris informed individuals,  would be the most reasonable/efficient way to get the R & I on disk.

Your respectfully
G.L. Michaelis
glmichaelis@man.net
"Perennially in Trouble" in Warren, Manitoba.