Re: R & I

>  We should have avoided that
>by making it crystal clear at a club meeting just what entering
>things in a show involved, what had to be done ahead of time, the
>importance of accurate identification, etc.  I learned by the whole
>experience, but it should have been avoided.  This year it will,
>because as the club president this year, I'm going to make sure we
>have no ignorance, either born of indifference or newness, before we
>go into the show.

Good for you, Arnold.  We actually publish this in our club's Show newsletter
- would you like a copy of this past years?  We also hold a workshop a week
before the show on grooming and filling out tags... anyone who comes to the
show unprepared  does not get a lot of sympathy.  We also publish a list of
judges who will actually go to a person's garden for one-on-one for anyone
who can't get to the workshop.

Kathyguest... who thinks we do a decent job of informing and educating