Thanks for the Welcome

Dana,
I am just fascinated by this whole Iris-L thing.  There were a ton of messages on my email this morning and tons more this evening.  As my kids would say "this is way cool".

I am out in the boonies of Manitoba Canada where I have NO ONE close who loves flowers like I do.  I feel like I just landed on another planet and found out that everyone speaks the same language I speak ... that no one from my home planet understood.  WOW!!!!

We live close to Winnipeg (only major city in all of Manitoba) which only about 20 km from here but there is not local Iris Society there or in the province.  I would like to start one (any suggestions?) and I would like very much some info on becoming a judge of irises.

I have been growing irises since I was three years old (Which means that in about two months I will have been growing irises for about 40 years) and have been hybridizing for the past 10 or so years.

As to my introductions,  I had three irises that I was going to introduce provided their performance this year was "up to my standards" but we had an incredibly late spring and as a result I was away judging lilies in JULY when they finally bloomed.  So, I will wait patiently for next year, just to be safe.

I have two hemerocallis that I am considering registering, 1 hosta and 1 lily.  I will keep anyone posted who expresses an interest in these things.

Yours

G.L. Michaelis
glmichaelis@man.net
Here in Warren, Manitoba where it is snowing like a son of gun, and we have gotten over an inch of wet heavy snow in the last two hours.  Yech!!! I am ready for this.