planting seed the first season

I usually plant my seeds the same season. My seedlings from this summer,
1996, are already germinated and I am in the process of planting them out.
I soak them than put them in the frig (not the freezer) to give them an
artificial winter and start planting them out as they germinate. I have
spent the last 3 days planting this years seedlings.
Karin Hinsen
Central Coast of California
Mild summers
Wet winters