Digging, dousing, replanting

Dana:  I can't give you the RIGHT answer, but in response to your
questions I'd like to tell you what I do.  It seems to work, so.....
1. When I use a clorox solution, I just dip thoroughly, no soak.
2. I use stronger than 10%, more like 1/3 clorox.
3. I never rinse, only let it dry naturally.
4. After I dig, clean, etc., any storage is out in the open air,
never in a bag of any klnd.  I keep mine in the garage or in the
basement (dry, though, not in damp air), and I have yet to have a
single one ever get any mold.  They may look a bit ratty, but they
always grow, so it must be a (if not the) right way.

Arnold Koekkoek
NW Iowa  Zone 4