Re: A Great Idea

Irisborer@aol.com wrote:
> One benefit of attending conventions and other gatherings of iris folks is
> that there's invariably something to learn and/or steal.  A nice gentleman
> that I shared a ride with from the airport (whose name I can't remember, but
> I do know he's the owner of Cal-Dixie Iris Gardens) shared a wonderful
> concept for judges training ... they stage a 'mock' show for apprentices!

That was Herb Holk, new RVP of Region 15, and
"nice gentleman" is an understatement (IMHO).

The year before he hosted a garden tutoring
extravaganza where he, his wife Sara, and a
couple other judges tutored in several iris
categories (ABs and medians for me).

He took being judges' training chairman for the
region very seriously.

Gerry in Los Angeles, with Light Beam adding color to a drab garden