Re: A Great Idea

DFingerhoo@aol.com wrote:

> << they stage a 'mock' show for apprentices! ....
>
>  Kathyguest, who very definatly plans on stealing this idea >>
>
> Good Lord, Kathy!  All the work involved in finding irises and competitiors
> and setting it all up and etc., etc., and you're going to do a MOCK show?!
>  Aye, yi, yi!

Herb Holk (the host)'s garden is big enough that all of the stalks
could have come from there. A few stalks from each of the tutoring
judges may have been used. I don't know the actual details (didn't
find out about it until after it happened).

I'm not saying that the Holks did not do a lot of work, but it
must have been a _lot_ less than a real show.

Of course, a real show is better, unless the region has too many
apprentices.

Gerry, pleasantly thinking about how many wonderful irisarians I know