Re: Iris blooming, photos, kiwi visitors. JUDGING

> I  was one of three judges in Hendersonville, VA last year. When one seemed
> to be misnamed we consulted the Check Lists and  then wrote MISNAMED.  We
> were not questioned on our decision . Sorry you had such a  bad time.   Lloyd
> Zurbrigg  Durham NC  Zone 8, where we had at least two degrees of frost last
> night, and I cut stalks to bring in and enjoy.
Lloyd,
	We also checked each iris in question in the R & I books.  I was
judging with Ramona Howard, a very good friend and one of the finest
judges I have ever had the pleasure to judge with.  Believe me, with
Ramona along we would never have been allowed to mark one as misnamed
without checking the R & I.

--
Dana Brown, Lubbock, Texas  Zone 7
Where we are currently 1.5 inches behind in rain for the month of