Re: Iris show experiences

> I don't really understand this - why don't the people putting the show
> together help the entrants get their iris labelled correctly?  Or is that
> part of what the show is for - to keep people from winning who aren't
> experienced enough to know ahead of time that their iris are mis-labelled?
>  Sounds like these people were pretty unhelpable though.
At this particular show almost without exception the iris were close to
what they were supposed to be.  It was little things like beard colors,
ruffling, so on.  It looked like she had named her iris after losing her
map using a pictures from a couple of catalogs.  I suspect that
classification decided to let the judges make the decision.  It would
have been really embarrasing to have picked one of her lovely well grown
iris as Queen only to discover that it was misnamed.  That is one thing
that we do down here that should be practised everywhere (if it is not
already).  We always check all of the finalst for Queen against the R &
I books.

--
Dana Brown, Lubbock, Texas  Zone 7
Where we are currently 1.5 inches behind in rain for the month of