Re: BROTHER CARL Self cross

I would save the pod, Donald, just to see what I could get. However, in my
experience, such close breeding seldom gives one many good seedlings. You
might well get some good blue color, since one parent of BR.CARL  was SISTER
HELEN,  a lovely blue.  GEt a large, wide pot, -especially  wide- to get as
much root growth as possible, and dig the plant. Stake the stalk, to give
support.  Water moderately. Give light, artificial if necessary.  Someone
else might give suggestions for improving germination, which in my
experience, is usually poor from the autumn crosses, - but I still keep
making them.  Allow  about eight to ten weeks to mature the pod.  Let's ask
others what to do  with those seeds. ?Plant immediately?  Plant  in pots or
flats and give them a taste of winter?  Allow some ten weeks further  to dry
up and then give cold?  Donald and I would like to know.  Lloyd Zurbrigg
 Durham, NC.  Zone 8.