Goodbye for awhile

  I have filed for NO MAIL until I can get some other urgent work done here.
I got caught up two weeks ago on a couple of rainy days but mever even
turned the computer on the last two weeks. Fall is going fast and winter is
neigh and the outside work is still not complete. First heavy frost and some
dnow flakes last night (Nov. 2nd) Too windy (and cold) to pick up more
leaves. Usually 3-4 trailer loads - sbout the size of a full size pickup
truck box. But my big problem is finding time to teach myself how to fully
use Windows 95 and the IBM system, which is all new to me as I used (and
stil do) have a Mac LC. I would like to take a look at the Web sites and
since I came on the Iris List I have not tuned in even one. (A few before
that). Those are the minor problems. Of far more importance is to complete
the Genealogy work on my Irish  and Scottish ancestors while I still have
enough eyesight left. Its fading and might run oout in within another year.
Any Irish among you who might have heard of Lord Burton (about 1845) and his
daaughter Mary who came to Canada (and settled near Hamilton) with 6 of her
eight children (two boys went to the U.S. to farm) and her youngest daughter
Martha (a babe in arms was one of my great grandmothers. The other one came
from Scotland about the same time to setttle in Hamilton and I remember her
dauhter Jessie Fullerton (Richardson) in the last year of her life - I was
age five then. I have many pages of information I gathered mostly 3-4 years
ago but have done nothing on it the last two since I lost my wife. Thats
about half the reason I am off the list for about a year. The rest of it is
I am preparing to move in with my daughter Laurie - only 1/4 mile away on a
corner of the farm - and sell this house I built on four acres in 1950, some
time next summer. I'll stay here until a buyer is found. In the spring and
summer new construction will be taking place at Laurie's house, being an in
ground addition of a new garage/workshop and a drum studio, as well as
completing two rooms for me in the original house built ten years ago. I
won't be doing much of that work except perhaps the electrical and
co-supervision with Ernie (laurie's husband) - he is away a lot teaching and
special drum concerta as well as playing with the Hamiton Philharnonic
orchestor (if there is to be one revived). So thats why I won't be reading
the flood of Iris List messages for some time. I am beninnd about 300 or
more right now but will read them all sometime and reply personally if
nesessary. I will also reply to personals messsages sent here. Hope you all
have a good winter and excellent bloom in 2997. That year will likely be the
last for my TBs and probably most of the species here too. It was good
knowing such a nice lot of friends.

Bruce Richardson <brucer@networx,on,ca>
Bruce Richardson (near Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.