Re: Siberian bloom

Both Kathy and Ellen asked about length of blooming of siberians, etc.

I have one or two that do quite well.

A yellow TB that remains unnamed blooms profusely for six weeks each year
(June to Mid-July)

I.reticulata (Pauline) last five weeks (All of April and 1 week of May)

I. sibirica (My Love) reblooms after a week or two pause and last, in total
about six weeks (starting second week of June)

I. sibirica (Lady Godiva) is by far the strongest plant that I have in size
and growth pattern.  It flowers for five weeks, again beginning in the
second week of June.

I. versicolor, our local wild iris grows in my garden for at least 8 weeks
from mid-June.

Others may do as well but I have smaller clumps which do not allow the
variety or species to display their true temporal range.

Ian E. Efford
Ottawa zone 3