Re: Snow Fence

> Now, I know someone is going to correct me on the side of the fence on which
> the snow/leaves is/are deposited.  Is it windward or leaward??

One last thing... is it windward or leeward?

The windward side is the side facing into the wind.  If the wind is from
the north, and the fence faces north-south (and thus runs east-west),
the north side of the fence is the windward side, and the south side is
the leeward side (the 'protected' side).

>From most of what you have said I would venture to say that a snow fence
need only be on one side of the road to stop snow from a prevailing
wind, though on both sides if wind is unpredictable.

So folks, is it windward or leeward?

--
Amy Moseley Rupp
amyr@mpd.tandem.com, Austin, TX, zone 8b