From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>

Many of the "Free" require that you have banners on your page or like
Geocities put a pop up on the receivers screen every time they change pages. I
for one go to those kind of websites only on "dire necessity." With free
hosting as with most else, you get what you pay for.

Many email services (@Home, Pacbell for example) now offer 3-5MB of space for
your personal pages included with you email service/net access. These
typically do not have banner requirements.

I am sure there are some better "free" ones out there, but you will probably
have to put up with "paining" your viewers with one sort of advertising or another.

Glenn Simmons wrote:
> From: Glenn Simmons <glsimmon@swbell.net>
> Hi all,
> I have been considering setting up a web site and I know many of you
> already have a web site yourselves.  I want a company that offers free
> web hosting and there are many of these out there.  If you all don't
> mind give me some recommendations from your own experience.  I have
> spent an entire week looking over the various free web hosting services
> and I am still no closer to picking one!  :)  I have been looking more
> of them over today and decided that it might be easier on me if I just
> asked everyone on Iris Talk what they thought about this.
> Glenn
> Glenn & Linda Simmons
> Springfield, Missouri; Climate Zone 6

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at:

President, Westbay Iris Society
Director, Region 14 of the AIS
AIS Special Committee for Electronic Member Services

Subscribe to iris-talk at:

Subscribe to iris-photos at:

Choose from a wide selection of high-quality newsletters at ONElist.
For details on ONElist's PROS&PUNDITS newsletters, click below.