Re: AIS:convention (long)

From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

> I would like to see it scheduled so that you can get a decent airfare rate
> (meaning staying a Saturday night).

	Linda, this is a very good point I left off, but I do consider it in
making my plans, and I wonder how many people do not attend a
convention for this reason.  I have noticed over the years that many
AIS conventions have been scheduled to end on Saturday, your
Saturday stay-over required by the airlines, but Dallas does not
seem to fall into that category.

 Currently, it begins on a Saturday
> April 15th.  However, I have absolutely no need or desire to attend AIS
> "bored" meetings and like MOST folks are only interested in the garden
> tours.  Therefore, my plan was to arrive the day of the welcome banquet
> (Monday) and leave for home the day after the Awards banquet.  Since the
> airfare to do this is exorbitant I guess I either have to show up two days
> early (and twiddle my thumbs while paying for two additional nights hotel
> stay) or not go at all.

	The sectional meetings often held the day of the welcoming
banquet are very good.  That would occupy some of your time.

 Not to mention that I will have to schedule an
> entire week off of work.  Do the folks who schedule these things feel
> everyone who attends is either rich, retired, or in the iris business and
> can use the trip as a write off on their taxes? This kind of scheduling
> (poor, in my opinion) can really be a disadvantage to the iris enthusiast
> such as myself.
> Maybe I'm the only one this affects but I doubt it.  I just wanted to
> express my opinion, Thanks!
> Linda Doffek
> I doubt that you are the only one!

Walter Moores