Re: AIS:convention (long)

From: Diana Winship <mikesmom@ix.netcom.com>

JEM300@aol.com wrote:
 I would like to see it scheduled so that you can get a decent airfare
 (meaning staying a Saturday night).  Currently, it begins on a Saturday
 15th.  However, I have absolutely no need or desire to attend AIS
 meetings and like MOST folks are only interested in the garden tours.

Last year when I attended the Louisiana Convention in Arkansas, I wound
up arriving a day before the convention. I volunteered to help out with
whatever they needed done. As a convention hostess for next year, I can
honestly say, any additional help is always appreciated.

If you would like to come to the convention on Saturday, please don't
hesitate. I have always gone a day to two sooner, and visited the home
gardens of the people around the town. They work just as hard in their
own garden, but only their own club members see this. My back yard is my
little piece of heaven on earth, and anyone who would like to visit it
is "ALWAYS" more than welcomed to come by at any time.

During the preconvention tour this past spring, I was privilaged to have
several out of state friends come over.

The convention hotel room rates are reasonable for next year, and the
hotel is superb! Several others also arrive a day or two early, and this
also gives you a chance to visit and meet with several.

Diana Winship
Richardson, Tx.

"Gardeners plant gardens to relax . . .
Then spend all their time working in them!

Choose from a wide selection of high-quality newsletters at ONElist.
For details on ONElist's PROS&PUNDITS newsletters, click below.