Re: AIS:convention (shortened)

From: Sandy Ives <rives@home.com>

We intend to go to Dallas on the Saturday.  We will likely arrive in the mid
In all honesty, airfare will be a problem only if we cannot use our air miles.
everything else will be expensive simply due to the currency exchange (USD/CAD).

This is relative to nationality and is by no means a slight to Dallas.

We do not intend to go to the main board meeting on Saturday (sorry KG), we
intend to
socialize.  I consider the first day of the conference to be the last
opportunity to do so
before the really hard work begins. ;-)

I learned my lesson in Dearborn ('97); there simply weren't hours in the day for
I wanted to do and to meet everyone I wanted to meet.

The section meetings the next day will be fascinating, and exhausting even to
me.  It was the
section meetings in Dearborn where I met most of the people and where I learned
far more
about iris than I believed possible.

Given the record of the last two AIS conventions, the prospect of garden tours
fill me with
foreboding.  ;-)   However, I wouldn't mind dropping into Diana's garden on
Saturday.  The
$64K question; what should I wear.

Sandy Ives in Ottawa... with pneumonia receding at last.