Re: Iris Seed Germination

From: IRISROT@aol.com

In a message dated 11/03/1999 12:50:45 AM Central Standard Time,
sil1812@molalla.net writes:

> From: Dave Silverberg <sil1812@molalla.net>
>  Jim: Pleased that you chose to report on your seed germination -BUT- it
>  becomes rather academic unless we know how many seeds of each cross you
>  planted so that we can calculate the percentage.
>  Dave Silverberg
>  Molalla, Oregon where GNUZ FLASH has just sent up 2 bloom stalks!!
Hi Dave,

That was not my real intention when I planted the seed but I can look up
records to find out how many seed were in each cross. The reason for this was
to show that the germination of green seed is quicker than of dried seed. It
might pay for some to pick pods while they are green versus waiting till they
dry. If you are in a hurry to get your beds reworked to go on a trip say...or
for whatever reason.

                    Jim Loveland, Fenton, Mo Zone 5
Looking forward to seeing you all in St. Louis this weekend for the AIS Fall
Board Meeting!!