Re:What to wear at Diana's

From: Jelcy <jelcy@eclipse.sigint.com>

We here in Dallas look forward to all of you being our guests at the
Destiny Dallas 2000 Convention.  In typical Texas fashion we hope to
present the biggest and most elegant private garden (the Clark's), the
biggest blooming iris (Tom Burseen's) the biggest collection of
Louisianas (Marie's) and the biggest everything else ad nauseum.

Sandy asked a very wise question as to what to wear at Diana's garden
which sadly isn't on the tour.  Since her extensive garden is in an
rather small back yard (by Texas standards) I would recommend attire for
a cozy, intimate occasion such as a long satin skirt, short sleeved
beaded blouse, pearls, of course, and patent leather slippers.  Sandy's
male escort should wear a morning coat if they arrive at Diana's before
noon! Although Easter will not be until the following weekend, it will
be perfectly allright by Dallas standards to wear white.

For the rest of you who are not fashion mavens like Sandy, wear what you
have always worn to other conventions.  The weather will be the same
only earlier for most of you.  Yes, Sandy, you will have to tunnel thru
the snow to get to the airport but here it  will be shirt sleeves or
lightweight sweater weather.

We do have a nice short sleeved knit shirt with the Destiny Dallas 2000
logo on it that we know you will want to purchase.  It's a great teal
color and will compliment any wardrobe, even Sandy's.

Y'all come!

Jelcy Romberg
President, Iris Society of Dallas