Re: REB: Bloom report

From: Wjobe@aol.com

Iris listers.
Here is my rebloom report.  I spent all day, yesterday,  covering  iris clumps
since the temps were to drop into the low 20s.  (It did drop to 28)
I cut all the stalks that were showing color.  I have four huge vases of
iris in my kitchen.  If I didn't know better, I'd think I had a show to enter
tomorrow!!
I have two iris that are not rebloomers on the list.  Cosette is a 1936 Sass
iris and yes, I'm sure it is Cosette.  Twilight Blaze is opening in the
kitchen
right now.  The bud color looks correct, so I'll wait to see if it has that
mandarin red beard!!
Our iris started reblooming in July, with Golden Encore and it just finished
blooming Monday!!   In addition to the iris listed below, we have four of our
seedlings that have bloomed this fall and three more yet to open.  They got
the blankets, of course, everything else got the sheets, tablecloths etc. !!
Iris that have rebloomed so far;

AUTUMN BUGLER
AUTUMN CIRCUS
BABY BLESSED
BABY TEARS
BARN DANCE
BELEEK PASTEL
BELVI CLOUD
BELVI QUEEN
BLACK MAGIC
BLESSED AGAIN
CERTAINLY CERTAINLY
CLARENCE
COME BACK TRAIL
CONSTANT COMPANION
CORN HARVEST
COSETTE
CRY BABY
DELIA'S CHILD
DUSKY SUNSET
FALL PRIMROSE
GOLDEN ENCORE
GRAY POUPON
HARVEST OF MEMORIES
I BLESS
IMMORTALITY
LADY EMMA
LADY ESSEX
LOW HO SILVER
MATRIX
NOW AND LATER
PEACH JAM
PRECIOUS LITTLE PINK
PRINCE OF EARL
PURPLE DUET
QUEEN DOROTHY
REFINED
RETREAT
RETURNING ROSE
SMELL THE ROSES
SUMMER BLUETINTS
SUMMER FANTASY
VIOLET MUSIC
VIOLET RETURNS
WATERS OF MIRABA
WITCH OF ENDOR
ZURICH

Iris with bloomstalks that haven't opened yet.
CAYENNE CAPERS
CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS
CIRCUS JEWEL
CLOUDLESS SUNRISE
DOUBLE AGENT
DOUBLE DUTY
ETERNAL WALTZ
FEEDBACK
HI HO SILVER
LATEST STYLE
LENORA PEARL
MARK ALLEN
PERFUME COUNTER
PINK SACHET
PURPLE OF TYRS
SILVER DIVIDENDS
SUGAR BLUES
SUKY
SUMMER OLYMPICS
SUMMER WHITE
TOUCH OF SPRING
TWILIGHT BLAZE

Hopefully it will warm up long enough to see them open! We will have two more
nights of temps below 35, then a warming trend.

Leslie Jobe'
Owensboro,KY Zone 6
Region 7