Re: REB: Bloom report

-Leslie,

We have a hard time with rebloomers in Albuquerque, NM. We can have cold anytime, but it usually waits til Sept. In September the highs range from 60s to 80's in the daytime dropping to the 40s/30s at night so the poor plants don't know whether to bloom or freeze. October can be very cold. Then it usually warms up enough in November or December to get the late rebloomers to put up stalks only to freeze.

Maybe you can recogmend iris that rebloom in July and August. We get lots of rain then. I've heard thats one of the prerequisites for rebloomers. Any suggestions?

Cindy
Zone 7, Albuquerque, NM  6000 ft. elevation