Re: REB: Bloom report

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

From: sidneygardener <sidneygardener@email.msn.com>

We have a hard time with rebloomers in Albuquerque, NM. We can have cold
anytime, but it usually waits til Sept. In September the highs range from
60s to 80's in the daytime dropping to the 40s/30s at night so the poor
plants don't know whether to bloom or freeze. October can be very cold.
Then it usually warms up enough in November or December to get the late
rebloomers to put up stalks only to freeze.
Maybe you can recommend iris that rebloom in July and August. We get lots
of rain then. I've heard thats one of the prerequisites for rebloomers. Any

This is not Leslie, but since your weather patterns sound somewhat similar
to ours (except that our temps are probably 5 to 10 degrees below yours) I
thought I might mention that CHAMPAGNE ELEGANCE (Niswonger, '87) is the
most reliable summer rebloomer in these parts. Usually begins its rebloom
in late July or early August and keeps sending up stalks until they get
frosted out sometime before the end of October. Good grower and nice
flower, too!