Re: REB: Bloom report

From: Wjobe@aol.com

The majority of these iris rebloomed for us when we lived in Roswell.
That is why we started having fall shows.  I understand they did have to
cancel this year, not so much because of the weather, but that too many
of them dug their rebloomers this summer for the sale.  I used to call
Jim Ennenga in Omaha Nebraska to see what rebloomed for him because
I knew it would rebloom in NM for sure if it rebloomed in NE.  Only a few
would start so late that they wouldn't get to finish before a hard freeze.
Violet Music always got caught with a freeze before it opened!  It might
be the same here since most of the bloomstalks haven't opened,yet.
Lady Emma, Feedback, Beleek Pastel, Eternal Waltz, Honey Glazed,
Dorcas Lives Again, Belvi Cloud, Low Ho Silver,Peach Jam, Harvest
of Memories and Certainly Certainly always bloomed early for us in
Roswell and bloomed over a long period.  You could check with the
Pecos Valley Iris Society, in Roswell, they could give you a list of
reliables.  Sue Chambers would be a good one to contact.
Do you belong to any of the Abuquerque Iris Societys?
Karen Bergamo can give you Sue's phone number.  If you don't know
Karen, or belong to any of the clubs, contact me off line and I will give
you Sue's number.
Leslie Jobe'
KY, Region 7
Zone 6