Re: CULT: Rebloom

From: DWiris@aol.com

Hi Dana,
We are glad to hear about Picasso Print.  It has never rebloomed here in zone
5/6, but its sister Silk and Velvet was registered as a rebloomer.  It
usually blooms the end of October or beginning of November.  This year it is
late and has several bloom stems coming up, but none to the point of showing
color.  We are anxious to see whether yesterday's snow and last night's
freeze damaged them.  All the rebloomers are late this year, probably because
of the extended drought.  The only one that is a consistent summer-bloomer is
Violet Returns.

Back to Picasso Print.  This was one of an amazing batch of seedlings from
the cross of Nachos X Pilgrims' Choice.  I traced its ancestry back about
eleven generations and found no plicatas in the background.  I didn't think
there were any rebloomers in the background, either, but recently found that
the pollen parent of Pilgrims' Choice, Michael Paul, sometimes reblooms.  In
all, we introduced eleven seedlings from the cross in many different colors.
We would be interested in knowing whether anyone has had any of these
rebloom.  They are:
    Blackberry Jam
    Black Suede
    Easter Treasure