PCN: douglasiana (143ex)

From: "Patterson, Dallas" <nye@mail.fidalgo.net>

In 1993 a retail nursery in Los Angeles County sold us a plant labeld as:

IRIS Douglasiana (143ex)

We wanted to learn more about the identity and history of this cultivar,
but the suppliers had no further information for us. The wholesaler was
David Royston.

Is (143ex) a designation for a seedling or a clone from a collected
species form of I. douglasiana, or something else? Who is the collector
and/or the person who introduced the cultivar?

Dallas Patterson
Anacortes, WA
nye@fidalgo.net
Zone 8, AIS, SPCNI, et al