Re: Cult: dormant rzs

From: Chris Darlington <chris.darlington@sympatico.ca>

Doreen , I had great success growing dormant rhizomes over the winter
indoors in pots  in low light conditions .  I shaved them and mixed bone
meal and sand in with a soiless potting mix and watched them rapidly

 I'm currently growing Zebra in my kitchen because it was too late to
put into the garden when I got them in the mail a week or so ago. I
figure I'll get bloom if I get it out into the garden early enough next
spring.  Enjoy , but keep your cats away , if you have any of those
furry monsters.

Chris , North of Montreal , where the irises seemed to be pleading with
me to cut back their fans due to high wind and freezing nights.  They
seem happier now....