Re: CULT: planting seeds

From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

On 7 Nov 99, at 0:37, Dennis Kramb wrote:

> From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>
> I started planting iris seeds today.  This summer I harvested seeds from
> about 75 pods, and I managed to get about 1/3 of them planted today.  When
> do the rest of you folks start planting?
> Dennis, we have no had a freeze yet and have temperatures up
into the mid 80's according to the bank thermometers in Charleston
yesterday.  It was 91o on the porch thermometer yesterday, and it
is in the shade!  This is still 'real' summer time and not Indian
Summer because it hasn't frozen here, and I do not plant until after
it freezes when I know fall is definitely here. So, this year, it looks
like late November or early December will be seed planting time for
me.  My  bearded seeds have been in the freezer since August.
If I plant in warm soil, they will germinate too soon and get zapped
by a later freeze.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8