Re: CULT: planting seeds

From: "Colleen Modra" <irises@senet.com.au>

Hi
I was fascinated by your comment that you had had your seeds in the freezer
since August. Is that just dry or in a bit of damp soil. Here in Australia I
tend to plant my seeds out in pots in Autumn and put them in a very exposed
place so they can get as many frosts as possible. However I am interested in
artifical stratifing so I can germinate them earlier and plant then out in
autumn , as here they won't freeze over winter, here, and I just want to get
a bit more growth on them and also so I don't have to do all the planting
out of the seedlings at the busiest time of the year.
So how do you stratify your seeds, I'd love to hear from as many different
people as possible.

Colleen Modra, where we're just past the peak of bloom and my much beloved
Frosting has just come into bloom.