AIS: Board and not Bored

From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>

Well there was certainly a lot of goings on at the AIS Board meeting in St
Louis this weekend, including some great happenings as well.

First, let me say that the folks at the Greater St Louis Iris Society did a
wonderful job of taking care of us. The hotel was great (after getting the air
conditioning tuned up) and we had to fear nothing with about 600 police
officers hanging around for another convention.

The highlight of the hospitality suite was a Raspberry Fudge that was just to
die for!

Oh, yes the real business:

The BOD approved a motion to establish an AIS auction website for anything
iris. We will be sharing a home page with the daylily auction and hopefully
get some crossover. Watch here for the announcement.

The second motion the BOD approved the establishment of a website and search
engine the R&I's and checklists and other reference material. There will be a
nominal annual subscription fee. I am really excited about this. I have some
sources, and need others, so watch here for further announcements. Can you
imagine being able to search for name and descriptions with out having to go
book by book?  Zow!

And they made the Committee for Electronic Services a standing committee.
(i.e., permanent)

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at:

President, Westbay Iris Society
Director, Region 14 of the AIS
AIS Special Committee for Electronic Member Services

Subscribe to iris-talk at:

Subscribe to iris-photos at: