AIS: October bulletin

From: Irisborer@aol.com

The October AIS Bulletin is indeed out, with the cover girl being HELLO
DARKNESS and the centerfold  a confection of other 1999 medal winners (such
as ROARING JELLY, PELE, GEISHA OBI...).  There are also pictures from the OK
convention and convention garden/iris reviews, an article on the evolution of
black in irises and so on.  This is the issue that many people use to begin
planning their purchases for the following year since you have not only a
list of what has just won awards, but also the opinions of people who have
seen the irises in convention gardens.

The October and April Bulletins are favorites in the Guest Manse.

Anyway, it is out there.... and coming soon to a mailbox near you.  Terry had
a post office tragedy (they found a new rule/reason to let the Bulletins sit
in the back room for oooooooooohhhhh  over a week before some genius actually
called Terry about the problem - which took minutes to straighten out).

So, give me a shout when you receive yours...... and if you're NOT yet a
member of AIS - this is a perfect time to consider it since we are on a
calendar year and you will get a full year's bliss.... to say nothing of the
usual iris catalog avalanche, by sending your $18 check, payable to AIS to:

Marilyn Harlow, AIS Membership Chair, PO Box 55, Freedom, CA  95019-0055
(smart people buy a triennial for $43).... but if you DO want this edition,
say so and include an additional $4.

Let me know when you get your Bulletin.  I know of two that have arrived
already.

Kathy Guest
E. Aurora, NY  Z6