Re: TB:Carolina Gold

From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

	CAROLINA GOLD, developed by the unsung hybridizer Loleta
Powell, turns historic in 2000.  This is one tough iris I have had
since my early days in irisdom, and I am happy to announce its
historical status and move it to my historic bed.  It blooms rather
late for me but is welcome anytime.  Probably, any iris with the
word Carolina in it is from the hand of Loleta Powell.  Starting
sometime in the 1960, Mrs. Powell began introducing irises of
quality and continues today.  Like Chet Tompkins, these long time
hybridizers should win some  sort of Life-time Achievement Award
from the AIS BOD (new acronym for me) since they never won an
'Oscar' but introduced so many contenders, maybe even better
than what won.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8