Re: Those Willotts

From: DWiris@aol.com

Dear Kathy,

Thank you for the kind words.  We have been at it for a long time.  I made
the first cross in 1950 and we introduced our first iris in 1968.  That means
it is now considered historic. Because the board goes into "Executive
Session" to discuss honorary awards, everyone else convened in the
hospitality room to wait for the results.  It was very exciting to be there
when the award was announced.  Everyone else receiving an award gets a
personal call from the president, Clarence Mahan.  So we saved him a phone
call.  The actual medal, appropriately engraved, will be presented at the AIS
convention in Dallas next April.

Dorothy

ONElist's Hawaiian Sweepstakes Ends Nov 9!
Enter today at: