Re: JI

From: "Colleen Modra" <irises@senet.com.au>

Good to hear from a fellow Kiwi, I remember the rain, I guess thats why I
escaped to sunny South Australia, 23 years ago. I would imagine that JI do
very well in Auckland. I was back for Ellerslie and Trinity Gardens Week a
few years ago. What surprised me was seeing TB flowering right on the water
front, near Maraetai Beach, I would have thought it too warm. I now know
that Persian Berry needs very little chilling. There were some nice irises
at the gardens in Pukekohoe, but most were older varieties. I was also able
to see the more recent bearded irises growing at Hertitage Horticulture in
Hamilton, but mostly plain colours.

Colleen Modra in South Aust, where we're having a very cool spring