TB: Six pack

From: "Paul Tyerman" <tyerman@hotmail.com>

>From: kj walker <kewalker@voyager.co.nz>
>To: iris-talk@onelist.com
>Subject: [iris-talk] Six pack
>Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 19:46:19 +1300
>
>Paul, you said you had six pack, how does it grow for you, here in
>Taranaki, it is slow to establish, but well worth waiting for.
>As you know it has no pollen, but will take pollen, one of our club members
>has a seedling with alot darker flower which is about 8" across
>it likes a real cracker.
>Kerry in New Zealand suppose to get 6" of rain in the next 12 hours.

Kerry,
   This is the first year I've had a good showing from it.  Probably 6
spikes, with around 10 flowers out yesterday when I photographed it.  Colour
is variable as it fades from quite a deepish blue to a pale sky blue.  Worth
it for the sheer difference and the size of the blooms.  If I get the chance
I'm going to cross thronbird onto it to see if I can throw some flat space
agers (Sorry to all you purists out there who have probably just gone
mental..... I like variety in my irises!!)

Cheers...

Paul Tyerman
Canberra, Australia
USDA Zone 8