Re: SA: appendages

From: "Mike Sutton" <suttons@lightspeed.net>

I agree.  We get reports back from customers that our iris with flounces
only have horns or nothing at all......the first year.  After checking into
it a little I found that these reports were coming form areas that had early
and long cold weather.  A few folks were kind enough to lets us know that
the following year, second year in their climate, the flounces and/or
appendages were there.  The climates with early cold seemed to be the ones
with the most problems.  Last year we had a lot of cold weather for us and a
few of our flounced varieties only had horns.  I have noticed that
reblooming SAs in most cases will rebloom with a lesser appendage, maybe
even no appendages.  These are usually ones that have minimal appendages to
begin with like STINGRAY, however SEA WORLD doesn't have any appendages in
spring but does in fall!??  I am a ramblin', thought I would toss in my
personal observations.
Mike
Back from vacation (a very short one)