Re: OT

From: "Ian E. & Shirley Efford" <avocet.intl@sympatico.ca>

I was delighted to see a message from Charmaine in Toowoomba, Australia
as it is a town that we rarely hear about in North America.  We have
made two extensive trips wandering around eastern and western Australia.
In one, we stopped for the night in the town of Toowoomba, quite unknown
to us but the right distance along the road from our last stop.  We were
struck by the beauty of the gardens.  It happened that we had arrived
during a city-wide garden competion [probably August].  The motel where
we stayed provided directions to all the best areas to see gardens and
our photograph collection expanded greatly. We ended up staying three
nights rather than one.  I might note that this is quite something as
many "towns" one visits in the country are so small that a complete
walking tour of the town can take up to ten minutes! The gardens are
particularly attractive as they include a large number of flowering
bushes and trees so that one find structural height in the gardens as
well as beautiful displays of flower beds.

If in Australia, include Toowoomba in your travels!

Ian, in Ottawa were the temperature is below freezing at night but we
still have some cyclamen and Anemone sylvestris flowering.  The latter
out of season by about six months, may be it thinks it is in Australia!