HIST: HIPS Convention

From: Irisborer@aol.com

For all you HIPSters out there who are curious about the identity of your
grandma's iris, or the iris on Uncle Bert's grave or the iris that was in
your garden when you bought the house 50 years ago....  there's a potentially
quicker route to identification...

Bring your iris bloom to the 2000 HIPS Convention Show June 2nd!  We will
have a section of mystery irises - in addition to the named iris portion.
And with all the intelligence that will be available, to say nothing of the
plant material in the show and in the gardens, your chances of either IDing
your bloom - or at least narrowing the field will increase considerably.

In addition, we have lots of groovy things planned... since by its very
nature this convention will be like no other.  Not only will you get to see
some historical and antique irises in some world-class gardens, but you'll
also be treated to a authentic GLASS SLIDE SHOW ... within the confines of a
(makebelieve) speakeasy, with prizes awarded for those of you in period
costume (categories we're working with;  Great Gatsby, Charleston and

The featured speaker for the weekend will be none other than that loquacious
iris artifact, Clarence Mahan, President of the American Iris Society.

A splendid time is guaranteed for all.

Kathy Guest