CULT: Companion Plants--Sempervivums?

From: HIPSource@aol.com

Greetings.

Has anyone tried hens-and-chicks around the perimeter of the bearded iris
bed? If so, did you run into any problems?

I've got infant sempervivums of several kinds dripping off the edges of their
pots and something must be done with the little wretches soonest ere they
freeze. I can see that if one got a real heavy mat of the things going
against the fans one might have some problems of the sort that one has with
real heavy mats of things, but I'm thinking that they might be a whole lot of
fun tucked in here and there next to the brick edging. They don't host
ghastly iris-destroying diseases or secrete mysterious substances into the
dirt or anything do they?

Thanks.

Anner Whitehead, Mid-Atlantic, Zone 7
HIPSource@aol.com