Re: CULT: Companion Plants--Sempervivums?

From: Tom Tadfor Little <tlittle@telp.com>

>Has anyone tried hens-and-chicks around the perimeter of the bearded iris
>bed? If so, did you run into any problems?

Hi Anner. I had a whole bed with semps alternating with irises. No problems
at all. One might run into a little problem with particularly
fast-spreading kinds, but semps are easy to thin out, so I don't even worry
about that much. The semps are light feeders and shallow rooted, so I just
use them as an alternative to bare ground between iris clumps! Actually,
I'd be hard pressed to think of a nicer companion plant for irises.

Cheers, Tom

Tom Tadfor Little                   tlittle@telp.com
Santa Fe, New Mexico (USA)
Telperion Productions           http://www.telp.com/