Re: OT-HUMOR:Sign-off Quotes

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 11/12/99 1:01:22 PM Eastern Standard Time, RYFigge@aol.com

<< Dear Anner, I have sorely missed you and was ready to send out the Marines
 and the Royal Canadian Mounties who are noted for  "get their man".... For
some reason I can't get aol on my 4.0 -- I get a white page that covers the
whole monitor and does nothing.  >>

Rosalie, darling!  Yes, I've been right busy. Cranked out a couple of my
ponderous little articles for ROOTS-- one on the fabulous Iris Bowl in
Haverford  THE most famous American iris garden of the twenties-- and started
a third, which ain't NO fun atoll but needs doing -- and had the front of my
poor little house redone--you should see my new door--it is painted a rich
deep magenta, the color of I. ensata, and is adrip with the shinymost brass.
Looks very fine with the stolid red Virginia brick.Thought I'd also found the
right guy to build me a new back stoop but the clown called me 'young lady'
and my checkbook promptly snapped shut.

Sorry you are experiencing frustration with that household appliance again.
Maybe some KIND SOUL HERE ON LIST will recognize the symptom and send along a
note to help. I'll ask Hall, too, when he shows up for nourishment.

No irises reblooming here, and in fact they all still look stunned from what
the weatherfolk saw fit to call Tropical Cyclone Floyd, but I have bloom on
my pink tea camellia and the new grass is up.

Must run. Stuck at the computa getting my little HIPSource newsletter

Anner Whitehead